- Want to sell your home over Christmas? Here's why you should put the decorations AWAYon 02/12/2023 at 10:25 am
If you're among the 100,000 households trying to sell this Christmas , the advice is to leave the lights in the garage and the plastic snowman in the loft.
- Happy 35th birthday to fixed rate mortgages! Here's how property and home loans have changed since 1988on 01/12/2023 at 9:07 am
The first fixed-rate mortgage was launched by then-Halifax Building Society in 1988. We look at how expensive mortgages and properties are now, compared to back then.
- How would YOU fix the housing market? We ask property expert Jeremy Leafon 01/12/2023 at 7:46 am
In the second instalment of a new series, former RICS residential chairman argues we need to build more affordable housing and help aspiring first-time buyers.
- Stunning flat up for grabs WITHIN medieval city wall - as tenants can rent rooms with exposed ancient brickwork and timber for just over £750 a monthon 30/11/2023 at 4:17 pm
The quirky pad, located in Coventry, is fitted with modern furnishings and a small window that looks out onto the city centre.
- The UK's 30 house price hotspots of 2023 revealedon 30/11/2023 at 1:04 pm
The average home has lost thousands over the past 12 months and is predicted to fall by a further £25,000 by the end of 2024.
- Buy a bungalow for 50p: Rundown homes made of corrugated tin are for sale in mining village priced at £1 for the pair - and seller says they'd make a perfect AirBnBon 29/11/2023 at 11:58 am
The two rundown homes made of brick-coloured corrugated sheets, featuring large bay windows, in Crumlin near Blackwood in Gwent, are in a 'poor state of repair' according to the listing.
- A view with a room! Tiny beach shack no bigger than a garage which overlooks picturesque Welsh beach dubbed 'Cheshire by the Sea' goes on the market for £185,000on 27/11/2023 at 1:07 pm
The tiny beach shack is a simple corrugated hut but overlooks the sandy beach in the village of Abersoch, North Wales - which has been dubbed 'Cheshire by the Sea' due to the rise of second homeowning.
- Inside the pokey apartment from the Detectorists: 'Light and airy' one-bed from BBC show on sale at £200K - and fans want to club together and buy iton 26/11/2023 at 11:55 am
EXCLUSIVE: The one-bed flat from the hit BBC series the Detectorists is up for sale for £200,000 - driving super fans to suggest clubbing together to buy the iconic Suffolk property.
- San Francisco's only private island is set to hit the market for $25 million - but you'll have to be prepared to live with no running water, power or wi-fion 25/11/2023 at 7:56 pm
Red Rock Island - also known as Moleta and Golden Rock - is set to come in hot on the San Francisco Bay housing market at $25 million, a bargain for owning a private island
- My home extension had NOTHING to do with giant landslide! Neighbours at war after rubble and rocks crashed into back gardens of £325K seafront homeson 25/11/2023 at 10:52 am
EXCLUSIVE: Herculas Pretorius, 62, who is building an extension to his property at the top of the cliffs in St Leonards, says the finger of blame for the slide is wrongly pointed in his direction.
- Transforming old industrial buildings is helping solve Britain's housing shortfallon 25/11/2023 at 6:00 am
There is a conundrum in British housing. Everybody knows we need to build more homes but we cannot agree on where to build them.
- Is YOUR home on trend this Christmas? Our festive favourites for 2023on 25/11/2023 at 6:00 am
Whether you are a cool Yule minimalist or a winter wonderland maximalist, you can make your home look more welcoming for the festive season.
- Ring doorbell owners can receive a FREE upgrade - and Brits will love iton 22/11/2023 at 1:16 pm
For those across the UK who own a Ring doorbell, you may be pleased to hear of a free upgrade that has appeared on accounts nationwide this month - the arrival of all new British accents for Quick Replies
- Inside Kevin McCloud's 'favourite ever' Grand Designs house which cost just £130,000on 21/11/2023 at 10:29 am
From restoring a 600-year cave house in the countryside to renovating an old water tower in central London, Grand Designs has seen its fair share of intriguing projects.
- Why buying a home near a bus stop could be a wise moveon 20/11/2023 at 12:06 pm
With the scaling back of HS2 and the advance of ultra-low emission zones, opting for a home on a bus route could be a canny move.
- A shroom with a view! Fairytale-style two bedroom cottage in the shape of a mushroom up for sale for £350,000on 20/11/2023 at 11:55 am
A fairytale style cottage shaped like a mushroom has gone on the market for £350,000. The two-bedroom home built in the early 1800s and dubbed 'The Mushroom House' is located in Haringey.
- Two-bedroom home which formed iconic backdrop for the Hogwarts Express in Harry Potter goes on sale for £235,000on 19/11/2023 at 1:09 pm
The cosy cottage lies right next to the tracks at Beasdale Station - an operational railway station located in Druimindarroch, Scottish Highlands.
- Boxes of delights: Jewellery cabinets are making a dazzling comebackon 18/11/2023 at 9:24 am
They've been around since 5000BC when caskets were used by men and women in ancient Egypt as they believed jewellery had a spiritual significance.
- How to cut energy bills AND stay warm: Three in five homes are energy inefficienton 18/11/2023 at 9:24 am
Many of us have been putting it off. But with colder days marking the onset of winter, it seems we have little choice but to crank up the heating.
- And it's a good buy from him: Historic farmhouse that Ronnie Corbett bought from one of the Great Train Robbers is for sale for £2millionon 16/11/2023 at 4:34 pm
Ronnie Corbett bought the Grade II listed property from a company who was, unbeknownst to him, connected to Danny Pembroke, unmasked in 2019 as one of the Great Train Robbers.