- What will stamp duty changes mean for your house-moving plans?on 01/10/2022 at 4:59 pm
Thousands of house buyers completing their purchases in the past seven days have already benefited from the stamp duty cut.
- How to create a reading nook for children in your homeon 01/10/2022 at 6:25 am
Every child should have somewhere to fall into a book. A book nook, if you will. And it doesn't take a lot of effort to create one.
- Keep summer alive! Draw inspiration from the desert's warming tones on 24/09/2022 at 7:13 am
Autumn officially begins today and there is a noticeable shift to more full-bodied shades which draw inspiration from a scorching sun.
- How to sell your home in 2023: Ten top tipson 24/09/2022 at 7:12 am
Energy price worries, inflation, strikes, war and a new government - it's all beginning to sap the confidence of sellers and buyers.
- Can I convert a barn without planning permission under Class Q rules?on 22/09/2022 at 1:33 pm
There is an old barn for sale just outside my village, which would make a great home for me and my family. Could I buy and convert it?
- How to keep your home clean if you have a dog - from pet showers to hair hooverson 20/09/2022 at 8:55 am
Around half of all British households have a pet - but they can be messy. Here are some ways to keep things clean.
- Renting a house to students can be lucrative - here's how to do iton 17/09/2022 at 6:00 am
Student rents have risen by 61% over the past decade and many landlords have made good money out of their investment.
- How can we protect our share of a property if we split up?on 14/09/2022 at 7:35 am
Ex-judge Stephen Gold explains the legal measures couples should take when buying a home together, to ensure the home is divided up fairly in the event of a split.
- Homes near outstanding Ofsted schools carry £37k premiumon 10/09/2022 at 11:09 am
The current average house price across postcodes near a school rated by Ofsted as outstanding sits at £342,677, having climbed by £40,145 in the last year, GetAgent claims.
- For sale! Turnastone home was once Britain's oldest petrol stationon 05/09/2022 at 7:43 am
The Grade II property, which was last lived in during 2005 and has remained untouched ever since, has a pair of pumps in the front garden.
- Natural seagrass and sisal top choice for homeowners seeking rustic, elegant interiorson 04/09/2022 at 8:53 am
Seagrass and sisal are best-selling materials for rugs at John Lewis. Here's how to incorporate the natural fibres into your home.
- Houses with number 13 could be CHEAPER... we look at home buyers' common superstitionson 04/09/2022 at 8:52 am
If your property overlooks a cemetery, has a pair of new shoes on the table or ladders propped against the wall, then you might be in it for the long haul.
- Buy-to-let battleground: Tensions rise between landlords and tenantson 02/09/2022 at 10:38 am
Has there ever been a tougher time to be a landlord? Generous tax breaks are a thing of the past, while rising mortgage rates are hitting profits.
- Number of complaints about noisy neighbours soars says Churchill Home Insurance on 02/09/2022 at 6:50 am
Churchill Home Insurance found that in the last financial year say almost 450,000 noise complaints to councils across Britain, equating to 1,229 every day - or one every 70 seconds.
- Baker's upcycled workshop complete with kitchenette and bathroom crowned Shed of the Yearon 01/09/2022 at 9:13 am
Kelly Haworth,41,a baker from Bury, was named as Cuprinol's Shed of the Year's 2022 winner with her budget-friendly and waste-saving oasis.
- Grade II listed church in Kingston, Dorset up for auction with a £475 guide priceon 01/09/2022 at 7:27 am
The Dorset village property is being sold at an online auction with a guide price of £475k, the equivalent of the price of a one-bedroom flat in some parts of London.
- Film producer's glass-fronted Grand Designs home goes £1MILLION over budgeton 01/09/2022 at 6:00 am
Colin and Adele, who appeared in Wednesday's episode of Grand Designs on Channel 4, ran into serious issues during the construction project for their dream home in Hale, Manchester.
- Warning 70% who buy homes with partners risk losing money in a spliton 31/08/2022 at 8:57 am
A total of 68 per cent who purchased a property with a partner have no legal measures in place to financially protect their share of the home should they split.
- Yours for just £1,000: Terraced house in Hull has a bargain price tag… but also no roof or windowson 30/08/2022 at 9:33 pm
A two-bedroom house with no roof or windows has gone on the market for auction at £1,000 after being severely damaged by a fire. Potential buyers are only invited for external viewings
- Talita von Furstenberg's former New York apartment goes on sale for $10Mon 30/08/2022 at 7:53 pm
The 2,541 square feet West Village loft boasts three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a 35-foot terrace, and sweeping views of the Hudson River and the city skyline.