- No Time To Buy! Owners of circular underground home compared to a Bond villain's lair drop asking price from £4m to £3mon 20/02/2024 at 12:52 am
House hunters have been left stunned after discovering a £3 million underground 'luxurious secret mansion' that would be suitable for a Bond villain.
- Holiday let clampdown welcomed: But concerns raised over how rules will be enforcedon 19/02/2024 at 4:17 pm
Housing experts welcomed the new rules, saying they would help to protect communities where there were a high number of holiday lets.
- Airbnb studio in North London that's so small it's being compared to a 'prison cell designed by IKEA' is available for £52 a nighton 19/02/2024 at 4:04 pm
The singular room on Baron Street, north London, is available for between £36 and £52 and offers a bed, toilet, sink, shower and fold-out desk.
- The man who owns 'Britain's chavviest house': Electrician hits back at snobby critics and says 'obviously I like it, it's my house' after it's ridiculed onlineon 19/02/2024 at 3:54 pm
The electrician, who is trying to sell the three bedroom semi-detached house in Prescot, Merseyside for £180,000, told how he was 'surprised' by the reaction after his home went viral.
- As pretty as a host of daffodils: Six-bedroom Georgian house regularly visited by poets William Wordsworth and Samuel Taylor Coleridge goes on the market for £925,000on 19/02/2024 at 1:53 pm
The six-bedroom Georgian house in Nether Stowey, Somerset, has a blue plaque commemorating the wealthy farmer and tanner's friendship with the two English Romantic poets.
- Tenants could spend £150k on rent while saving to get on property ladderon 19/02/2024 at 1:23 pm
The alarming new figures are based on the typical age of a first-time buyer being 37 years old, and an average tenant in England expecting to rent for around 18 years.
- Can't extend? How to add a mezzanine to your home and create extra spaceon 17/02/2024 at 8:41 am
So you want more space, but you don't have a huge garden to build out into and you can't afford to dig down under your home. Building a mezzanine level could be the answer.
- Inside the London townhouse that costs £130,000-a-month to renton 17/02/2024 at 8:40 am
The rental property is in the heart of London and boasts six bedrooms and extends across four levels, covering 8,156 square feet.
- Homeowners in London's last remaining railway cottages where The Ipcress File, Foyle's War and Pulp's Common People was shot say their historic neighbourhood is being ruined 'by relentless developers trying to box them in with skyscrapers'on 16/02/2024 at 1:31 pm
The Old Oak Lane conservation area in Ealing is the home of around 220 cottages which were built in the 1880s to house railway workers.
- Plans to turn abandoned 'ghost town' estate built for NHS staff into 135 new council homes are approved amid growing pressure over homelessness and asylum backlogson 16/02/2024 at 8:09 am
Plans to transform an abandoned housing estate originally intended to house NHS staff into 135 new council homes has been approved amid homelessness and asylum pressures.
- Kathy Hilton is selling her Hamptons pad for $15 million - more than six times what she paid for it: See the luxe 10,000 sq. ft., six-bedroom mansion sitting on 2.7 acreson 15/02/2024 at 11:58 pm
Nestled on 2.7 acres, the opulent estate, owned by Paris Hilton's parents Rick and Kathy, features six bedrooms, 7.5 bathrooms, a lagoon-style gunite swimming pool and multiple terraces.
- Inside the luxury £15k-a-month Cheshire rental house that's hidden undergroundon 15/02/2024 at 11:53 am
Away from prying eyes, the rental property appears from street level to be nothing more than a small glass gatehouse, not much bigger than a modern garden shed.
- Brownfield planning rules shake-up would make it harder to object against new home buildson 15/02/2024 at 3:00 am
The Government's announcement will apply to all new housing in a town, including its suburbs - and not just regeneration projects on old industrial land, says leading planning expert.
- Prime house price falls slow down - as 76% of London's poshest homes go to cash buyerson 14/02/2024 at 3:51 pm
House price drops in some of the most expensive places to live in the country have eased, aided by high levels of mortgage-free buyers, says Savills.
- A room with quite a view! Former coastguard station boasting panoramic views over Welsh coastline goes on sale for £1.5millionon 14/02/2024 at 2:58 pm
The ex-coastguard HQ overlooking Bracelet Bay in the Gower Peninsula was a maritime rescue and co-ordination centre before being closed in 2015 as part of a shake-up of the rescue network.
- Are house prices plummeting in YOUR area? Interactive map shows how property values have tumbled in London - but homeowners in some commuter towns have enjoyed a booston 14/02/2024 at 2:40 pm
A new interactive map shows how London homeowners have seen property values tumble, with an average of £53,000 wiped off the value of their properties in the last 12 months.
- Our council tried to force us to sell our £200,000 home to make room for asylum seekers: Elderly couple's horror after strongly-worded letter lands on their doorstepon 14/02/2024 at 1:44 pm
Jose and Ted Saunders said they were 'insulted and shocked' when the strongly-worded letter from North Northamptonshire Council dropped on their mat last month.
- We can't afford to downsize! Retired couples are facing massive stamp duty billson 14/02/2024 at 11:16 am
Jim and Simone Steele (pictured) are keen to downsize from their current property just outside Haverfordwest in Pembrokeshire.
- The council says we must knock down our converted garage we rent out - what can we do?on 14/02/2024 at 11:06 am
We installed a bathroom and kitchen in the garage at the end of our garden and rented it out for £300 a month, but the council says it is illegal and must be knocked down.
- We lost £200,000 on our dream Spanish retirement home because of robbers, cowboy builders and red tape: Brits, 71, return to UK after 'expensive nightmare'…but they're still being chased for cash by authoritieson 14/02/2024 at 9:29 am
Phil and Anne Bulman, both 71, moved to the Costa Blanca in 2004 when Phil retired after three decades in the merchant Navy, but are now back in Britain - and £200k out of pocket